Wednesday 13 July 2016

BE LIGHT HEARTED

READ YOUR RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL
BE LIGHT-HEARTED. - PASTOR CHRIS OYAKHILOME
WEDNESDAY, JULY 13TH 2016.
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us (Hebrews 12:1).
Life on earth is short. Until the Master comes, there’s a definite amount of time that anyone would stay here on earth. And that does mean something; it means you’ll give account of your days in the earth. If you spent all your time on earth frowning, sad, angry, and despondent, it’ll be recorded for you; and you’d account to the Lord the reason you lived your life that way.
No sad, unhappy, and bitter person can truly be successful. There’re people who, every time you see them, always have a frown on their face. Everybody knows them to be that way. Their face has so formed that unhappy look that it has become normal with them. You can hardly find them laughing or smiling. Don’t live your life that way. Make a decision to be a joyful, happy, and loving person. Make a choice for laughter. Someone may question, “But must I laugh every day?” Yes, you should!
The way you live your life has a lot to do with the results you get. You’re a spirit being, and your spirit rubs off on anything that concerns you. There’s a connection between you and your house, between you and your shoes, the clothes you wear, and everything about you! Your personality rubs off on anything that belongs to you, including your money. And so, when you allow sadness in your heart, and face, it has a negative impact on the things connected to you. Its one reason the Bible enjoins us to be happy always (1 Thessalonians 5:16).
Think happy thoughts; Centre your mind on things that make you happy. Stop focusing your mind on whatever makes you sad and unhappy. It’s a choice you must make. Your life depends more on you than you may realize. To be successful, you must let go of unhappiness and a sad look. Choose to be light-hearted. Lay off the burdens. Lay aside every weight. Choose to be happy always.
PRAYER
Dear Lord, thank you for your joy that’s in my heart. I’m strengthened, and energized for increased productivity and greater effectiveness by your Spirit today, who fills my heart with rejoicing, and my mouth with laughter. You’re my strength, my joy, and my song; I love you with all my heart. Hallelujah!
FURTHER STUDY:
|| PHILIPPIANS 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord always: [and] again I say, Rejoice. ||
|| PROVERBS 17:22 ESV
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. ||
|| PSALM 28:7 NLT
The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving. ||
DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Acts 21:37-22:1-21,
Job 32-35
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: Galatians 3:23-29,
Isaiah 33
EXTRACT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment