Thursday 3 November 2016

EXPRESS YOUR LOVE FOR THE HOLY SPIRIT

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES **Express Your Love For The Holy Spirit** Thursday 3rd November . Pastor Chris
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever (John 14:16).
The most important thing for us as Christians is our fellowship with the Holy Spirit. Many of us would do just about anything to prove our love for Jesus. Some might even say, “If I could see Jesus right now, I’ll embrace Him; I’ll fall at His feet and lick the dust.” Well, you might as well do all of that for the Holy Spirit, because He’s just like Jesus and He’s here with us.
Since you love Jesus so much, and will do anything for Him, then go ahead and express that love for the Holy Spirit. We don’t have anything less than the disciples who were with Jesus in Bible days. We’ve got the same presence of God that they had in the person of the Holy Spirit. Until and unless that becomes a present-hour consciousness to you, your Christianity would be a form of religion. You’ve got to recognize the Holy Spirit as not only a real person, but also the very essence of the Christ.
In other words, without the Holy Spirit, there would have been no Christ; Jesus wouldn’t be all that He was. Everything you love about Jesus wouldn’t be there; the God-expression that you found in Jesus, that gave you love for Jesus is all in the Holy Spirit. Everything you’d ever want in Jesus, admire, and love in Jesus is in the Holy Spirit.
The Lord Jesus is now in heaven; the Holy Spirit is here with us and the beautiful thing about it is that we can have Him anywhere and everywhere. The disciples couldn’t take Jesus home with them; they were with Him in their waking hours, in their work hours, but when He was gone, they had to welcome the Holy Spirit. They knew the Holy Spirit came to take the place of the ascended Christ. So, they didn’t miss Jesus, because the Holy Spirit was with them. They loved the Holy Spirit and walked with Him as they did Jesus.
So, be conscious of the Holy Spirit’s presence in you; Christianity without the Holy Spirit is religion. No wonder Jesus said in John 14:16-17: “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.”
PRAYER
Dear Holy Spirit, I thank you for your presence in my life. I love and cherish you with all my heart. You’re everything to me; you’re my Comforter, Helper, Counsellor, Advocate, Strengthener, Intercessor, and Standby. I thank you for your ability and wisdom at work in me; my life is fully yielded to you, to be used for your glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Further Study: || John 14:25-26 These things have I spoken unto you, being [yet] present with you. 26 But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. ||
|| John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: ||
|| John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. ||
Daily Scripture Reading
1-Year Bible Reading Plan: Hebrews 3,
Jeremiah 38-40
2-Year Bible Reading Plan: 1 Peter 2:1-12,
Ezekiel 34
EXTRACT FROM: Rhapsody of Realities Daily Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment