Tuesday 17 January 2017

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

The candle flame of human genius flickers briefly before being extinguished by the winds of time. The lamp of God never flickers. Jeremiah said, ‘O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps’ (Jeremiah 10:23). ‘It is God who makes my way perfect’ (Psalm 18:32). God possessed intimate knowledge of our lives even before we were born. ‘How precious are Your thoughts to me, O God! Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain it.’ By the Word we can harmonize our ways with His eternal counsels. Without instruction, the structure of our lives would collapse in chaos. This is exactly the state of those who have no knowledge of the Lord. Life for the unregenerate is a meaningless disorder. God bless you. REINHARD BONNKE

No comments:

Post a Comment