Wednesday 15 March 2017

YOUR RESPONSE IS IMPORTANT

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES, WEDNESDAY, March 15th, Pastor Chris
TOPIC YOUR RESPONSE IS IMPORTANT
And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).
God’s Word requires your response. Some Christians haven’t realized this; they don’t know what the Word is for. Imagine that when the elders of the church at Ephesus got the message in our opening verse from the Apostle Paul, they went home saying, “O, I love what he said.” That wouldn’t have changed their lives or their situation.
Someone could tell you he has a gift for you and you’d be happy at the gesture. Though you haven’t received the gift, you may probably say to the person, “I’m so happy about what you’ve said; it’s a blessing to me.” You were blessed just because of what the person said; that’s because we can be blessed by words. The Word of God, certainly, will bless you, but it doesn’t mean you’ll walk in the light of the blessing it conveys. You’d have to respond by affirming the same thing in consent: “He hath said…so that we might boldly say…” (Hebrews 13:5-6).
The purpose of commending you to the Word is for the Word to build you up; the Word has the ability to do it. Now, your response should be, “The Word is building me up. Every time I hear and study the Scriptures, I’m transformed, elevated, energized, and my faith is built strong.” The moment this becomes a reality in your spirit, all you see will be strength, victory, progress, and endless possibilities. You’ll discover that you’re getting stronger and wiser by the day through the Word.
He gave us His Word so we can see, apprehend, and affirm all that freely belongs to us in Christ Jesus.
CONFESSION
I’m what God says I am. I accept and walk in the light of His Word concerning my salvation, righteousness, divine health, prosperity, and protection. I’ve overcome the world, because the greater One lives in me, and He causes me to triumph everywhere, and flourish in all I do. Glory to God!

Further Study:
Hebrews 13:5-6 [Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. 6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
Mark 11:23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Luke 1:1-25, Deuteronomy 3-4
2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Matthew 23:1-12, Exodus 24

No comments:

Post a Comment