Monday 18 May 2015

YOU CAN OVERCOME

Believers love boat"
YOU CAN OVERCOME!
Philippians 4: 13: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".
As a pastor for over eight years now and with an active christian life of over twenty years, I have seen many Christians fall into the traps that were set by Satan, the adversary of their soul. To fall into a trap of Satan simply means we believe a lie about ourselves, and we, therefore, remain in bondage to a demonic stronghold.
A lie of Satan becomes a stronghold the moment we believe what he is telling us about a situation or a condition we are facing instead of standing on the Word of God.
In the natural, a trap brought on by a lie may be an addiction, an emotional wound, or anything that forces you to believe or think that you can't get past a certain issue or vice.
If you think that you can't overcome a problem or an addiction in your life, then you are bound in your walk. Christ didn't come to save us from sin so that we could die in bondage to it. According to Luke 4: 18, He was sent and anointed to set us FREE!!
I, myself have fallen prey to Satan's lies in recent years and thought I would never break free, but God was faithful. Satan had me blinded and convinced that things would never be any better.
For a while, I believed his lies because I was weary from the battles. Nevertheless, through prayer and continued obedience through grace, Satan has lost the stronghold on my life that was brought on by the enemy.
May we draw strength to overcome the lies of the evil one.
Pray with me:
Lord, grant me grace to appropriate my liberty in Christ Jesus, in the Name of Jesus.
Have a blissful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment