Thursday 21 May 2015

YOUR WORDS DEFINE YOUR LIFE

RHAPSODY OF REALITIES THURSDAY, 21ST MAY.
YOUR WORDS DEFINE YOUR LIFE.
Watch the way you talk. Let nothing foul or dirty come out of your mouth. Say only what helps, each word a gift (Ephesians 4:29 MSG).
It’s sad when people aren’t careful with their words. Imagine someone who keeps saying, “I just don’t know what’s going on with my life; nothing seems to be working. Worst still, I have a problem controlling my mind, my thoughts, and my emotions.” You shouldn’t talk like that. If that has been your experience, it doesn’t mean your experience should control you. Don’t voice the negatives.
Your speech dictates the circumstances of your life. If you say you have no control, you’ll lose control. If you say you’ve got problems, then you’ll really have them. The life that we received in Christ is an excellent one; it’s glorious and extraordinary; it’s the transcendent life. Your speech should be consistent with that life. The main reason many people have their lives upside down is because they don’t talk right.
Our opening verse says, “Watch the way you talk. Let nothing foul or dirty come out of your mouth....” Sometimes you hear a Christian say, “We were doing well two weeks back, but suddenly things just went down.” Some others, because of their experience, would say, “You know, things can’t just be rosy all through; you win some, you lose some; sometimes up, sometimes down.” A Christian shouldn’t talk like that. You’re born to win always! You’re built for success; it’s part of your make up. Talk that way!
Refuse to be defeated! Refuse to be weak! Get yourself together and declare, “I’m a success! I was born to reveal the glory of God! My life is upward and forward only!” Control the circumstances of your life with your tongue. Don’t wait; start it now if you’ve not been doing it. Your mouth was given to you to chart your course in life. If your words are disorderly, your life will go in that direction; if your words are excellent, your life will go accordingly as well.
The character of your words is the character of your personality. So, watch your words! No man ever got better than his words; your life is the expression, the manifestation, and the reflection, of your words. Words define your life and your value.
CONFESSION
The Word of God is in my heart and in my mouth! My words are wholesome, and they’re producing life to my body, job, business, ministry, family, and all that concerns me. I’m a success. I win always; I’m above only, and never beneath, because I’m a product of God’s infallible Word! Glory to God!
FURTHER STUDY:
Hebrews 13:5-6
Mark 11:23
1 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
John 10:1-21 2 Kings 6-7
2 YEAR BIBLE READING PLAN:
Mark 12:1-12 Numbers 24
Leave comments on today's devotional and visit www.rhapsodyofrealities.org for more

No comments:

Post a Comment