Friday 4 September 2015

ARE YOU A PRETENDER, BY PASTOR FESTUS

"Believers love boat - Pst Festus Omorusi"
ARE YOU A PRETENDER?
Revelation 3:15-16; "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."
This is a special message and it’s one that I didn’t particularly enjoy writing. However, it needs to be said again and again.
This message is to all church-going pretenders out there – the ones who look heavenly on Sunday, but live like hell Monday through Saturday. You look good on the outside, but when God looks at your insides – inside your heart – it’s a dirty mess!
When you make deception a life style, pretending you're invincible to everyone else and you end up convincing yourself that God does not really mind after all, you've successfully preached to yourself the gospel of "it's my weakness", this is a dangerous journey of no return!
I’ve got bad news for you. Jesus hates religious pretense. But I’ve also got good news. He loves the pretenders! He gave His life for hypocrites like you and me. The end of being a religious pretenders is to admit our sin separates us from God; then ask Christ’s forgiveness; then believe to be right with God is your only hope for change.
And here’s the irony: When we begin to be more real with God and with others, we begin to be more like Jesus. He’s the only person who has ever lived without any trace of pretense.
Pray with me; Lord deliver me from the power of deception and hypocrisy in Jesus name!
May your day be full of godly excitements in Jesus name!
Like   Comment  

No comments:

Post a Comment